How to select service providers that keep your data safe
It often happens that we share our personal information with all kinds of companies and institutions. And we do so all the time, when we open a bank account, when we set up a fidelity card and so on.
But it doesn’t mean that all these organizations know how to keep our data safe.
When choosing a service provider of any kind, consider these aspects:
• The general reputation of the organization
• Past security incidents (a simple Google search can bring that up)
• How secure their website it (Does it use https?)
• How easily you can contact them if you need to (contact information, availability for customer support on social media)
• How much of your data they ask for