Choose a good password for your online accounts
- It’s a long way between knowing what’s good for us and actually taking the right measures. That’s why we insist on the strong passwords step: it’s an essential one, that you shouldn’t skip.
Make sure that your passwords are strong and unique.
- Make them around 15 characters long, use both uppercase and lowercase letters, use numbers and symbols.
- Don’t use your birth date, phone number, social security number, family members name or your pet’s name – these can be easily guessed by a cyber attacker, usually just by looking over your social profiles.
It’s also important that you don’t reuse passwords between your accounts.
Use the Password Generator
- Use the Password Generator to create highly secure passwords that are difficult to crack or guess. Just select the criteria for the passwords you need, and click “Generate Password(s)”. Remember, the more options you choose, the more secure the passwords will be.
- Do you use any of these bad passwords?
• Your kid’s name
• Always the same one
- Why is that not good?
• They are easy to guess or crack. Really easy.
• If one site is compromised, a hacker has access to all your services.
- What’s the solution?
• Store your passwords and more in Norton Password Manager.
• Save Time. Access from anywhere. More secure passwords..